Host: Holly Roadfeldt (@hroadfeldt)
Under which conditions do we do our best work? Can establishing a routine help us beat self-sabotage? This will likely be an extension of Arthur’s topic since I was thinking of the same source, The War of Art! 🙂 I will focus my questions on creating positive environments and hopefully Musochatters will offer some inspiring suggestions for how they do their best work.
- Please fill in the blanks: I’m ____ & I’m currently living in ____. I’m most inspired &/or challenged by my work as a(n) _____.
- It’s an average day. What’s your practice routine/your routine to get writing, etc.?
- What is the most challenging hurdle in your actual work (deadlines, mental focus, etc.)? How do you work through it?
- Life happens (phone calls, texts, kids, students, etc.)! How do you get back on track immediately? How long does that take?
- You are traveling. There is a lot of chaos. What routines bring you comfort even in unfamiliar settings?
- You are depressed/anxious/overwhelmed. What routine gets you feeling more comfortable?
- PERFORMERS: It’s 10 minutes before curtain. COMPOSERS: You are ready to send your score. What is your ritual? #musochat
- You are emotionally spent and need some practical advice. Where do you go for inspiration?