Host: Jennifer Peterson (@gaspsiagore), conductor and director of operamission
Since we’re all looking for our next gig, can we use musochat to form the connections to make some concrete art?
We’re all looking for a gig, right? So much as already happening… I’ve read quite a few musochat success stories already, which is what inspired this week’s topic. I think most of us want to work, and are very possibly here because we’re looking to expand our professional network. I’d like to see if I can help even one of us find an “in” somehow somewhere.
Don’t nobody be ashamed to shameless plug please.
- Where are you based and what’s your gig?
- What are some upcoming collaborations or gigs you have in the works?
- Are you in a city or area where there are plenty of people to work with, or are you looking to travel or move?
- Do you have any gig-related travel plans currently, or specific interest in making connections in a specific geographical area?
- Tweet a few dream-come-true scenario/situation gig ideas for yourself. Things you hope to make happen someday.
- Are there any obvious ways you can help other musicians on their eternal gig-hunt? If so, what would those be?
- When deciding with whom to collaborate, do you like to call the shots, or do you take any opportunity that comes up?
- Supply and demand… What can you SUPPLY to the music industry? Composers, tell us a bunch more specifics about your music if you can. Performers, what are your unique strengths, or what are you better at than anybody?
- Take a few minutes to browse our conversation and reach out to one or two or five other participants if you haven’t already.
You can read the full discussion on Storify!