Host: Ursula Sahagian (@ursulasahagian), oboist/teacher/composer
How can new music creators and advocates engage respectfully with public school music programs, and how much should we engage?
- Introduce yourself! Who are you, what is your role as a musician, and your current musical engagements with schools?
- Why is it important for new music to be taught in schools?
- What, if any, new music exposure did you receive in school (K-12)?
- What do you wish you had learned about new music in school?
- What would you like today’s students to know about new music?
- What sort of connections would you like to make with schools right now?
- What do you think are the biggest barriers to forming those connections?
- What are some things you can do THIS WEEK to make your A5 and A6 happen?
- What “big picture” results would you like to see from getting more new music into schools?
Read the full discussion on Storify.