Musochat is pretty casual. Here are some ground rules:
- If you’re responding to a specific question (i.e. — Q1), indicate it in your answer and all comment threads related to that answer (i.e. — A1). Also, make sure that you put #musochat into your tweet, so we can all see it. Here’s an example:
- Hosts usually pre-schedule all the whole number questions (Q1, Q2, etc.), but if they find an interesting subject to follow up on, they might insert decimal questions as necessary (Q1.1, Q1.2, etc.)
- The host might not answer questions unless asked directly — he or she will be concentrating on hosting and keeping conversation flowing.
- You are not obliged to answer any questions. Hell, you can just lurk the entire time and not say anything!
- Keep your language civil. Disagreement is okay, flaming is not!
- Q & A will last for about an hour, but conversation can go as long as people are willing to talk.
- If you miss a musochat and are feeling surprisingly bummed about it, that’s ok! You can still participate asynchronously. Just answer when you have time, and tag your responses with A1 #musochat, etc.
If you’re interested in learning some more about #musochat, check out this great post from NewMusicBox. Hope to see you there!