Host: Ursula Sahagian (@ursulasahagian), oboist / teacher / composer
What considerations do you make when putting together a program?
- Introduce yourself! Your name, your role as a musician, and your experience programming performances.
- What is an example of a performance you remember that had particularly effective programming, and why?
- What was a performance you remember that could have benefited from different programming, and how would you have changed it?
- What was something that surprised you the first time you had to program a performance?
- What are some musical/artistic considerations you think are important to make when programming a performance?
- What are some extramusical/logistical considerations that have come up when you’ve programmed a performance?
- Are there times when you think different programming styles might be more effective, and why?
- What is something from this #musochat that you will consider the next time you program a performance?
That’s all I’ve got for you, folks! If you have more thoughts or Qs, share them with #musochat and A9 so that we can find them easily!
Discussion archive coming soon!