Host: Wes Flinn (@wesflinn)
How do we handle it when we’re injured? How about when we’re burnt out? Share ideas for tough times.
A few pre-chat thoughts from Wes:
Tonight’s musochat is about self-care. This means there are possibilities that you might be reminded of traumatic events in your life. Say what you will about trigger warnings, etc., but I believe musochat to be a safe space, and we promise to be supportive/understanding. So I ask everyone who is participating in #musochat : be respectful, be understanding, be friendly, be good. (Not that I’m worried.) Let’s have a great time, let’s learn a few things, and let’s help each other.
- Who are you, where are you, what do you do?
- Have you found yourself injured physically or psychologically from being a musician, and how?
- How did you heal from this?
- When you see a situation developing, how do you stop it (if you can)?
- What is your “safe place,” if you don’t mind sharing it? (A place where you can rest and recover from whatever put you in a bad place.)
- What didn’t work to fix the situation? (These are important to know as well.)
- What’s the single best piece of advice you’ve been given on how to take care of yourself?
- What are you doing this week to take care of yourself?